What You'll Need:
- 2 tbs Calendula Infused Oil (Infusing Your Own Oils) (Where to purchase Calendula Flowers) (Where to purchase Calendula Oil)
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil
- 5-10 drops of Lavender Oil
- 5-10 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- 1 tsp Beeswax or Carnauba Wax (optional)
- Airtight Jar or Tin (silicon molds if you're making this into a lotion bar. These would be adorable!)
- Melting Pot
- Stir Stick (chopsticks work well)
To Make:
- Melt Beeswax or Carnauba Wax first, if you're using some.
- Add in and melt Coconut Oil and combine it with equal parts of Calendula infused oil.
- Remove from heat and add in the Tea Tree and Lavender oils.
- Mix well and poor into your storage container or into your molds.
- Pop into the fridge to allow it to solidify. (It will melt out of the fridge if you didn’t add beeswax.)
This mixture is nice and soft and melts well on the skin. I pop my solid lotion right out of the container, and use it as a lotion bar. This is easier than trying to scoop some out. (If you used molds be sure to keep the lotion bars in a airtight jar in the fridge.)
It’s best to keep your salve in the fridge, not only will it keep longer, the cool temperature will be extra soothing. Please see our post: Natural Preservatives for your Natural Products for some information regarding safety and shelf life.
Apply ointment several times a day to the affected area.
What Makes These Ingredients Beneficial?
Calendula is known for it’s anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and regrowth of new skin tissue abilities making it ideal for healing stubborn acne and scars.
Coconut oil has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties so it gives it an extra boost on healing. Not only does it help cleanse and heal acne, it also helps to resurface any scarring caused by acne.
Lavender oil is also antibacterial and acts as a soothing agent for pain and redness. Lavender oil is said to be useful in preventing future breakouts, and clearing up old acne scars.
Tea tree oil also has beneficial antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties, making it perfect for healing acne. It also reduces redness and swelling.
You can also check out our posts: Calendula Healing Salve, Acne Cream & Calendula Tea for further healing of acne.
What all natural remedies do you use to keep acne under control?
Happy Healing! <3
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs for all of your herbal healing needs! Remember the possibility of allergies. Test a small bit first before using completely. Images Edited using PicMonkey. Some of the links here are affiliate sites. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.
I too have adult acne, and after going through puberty, 20's and 30's with pore less, unblemished skin its a real shock and pain in the ass. Thank you for this post...gives me something to try.
ReplyDeleteAna
It's very annoying and upsetting. I'm considering cutting even more things from my diet to see if that stops the breakouts. It has to be a reaction to something. I don't like to think its hormones alone. haha.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you & thanks so much!
I have noticed a definite problem with skin congestion and chin uglies after I consume dairy. Maybe I'm dreaming but I swear its true.
ReplyDeleteAna
You are not dreaming! Coconut milk is a good replacement for regular milk but I am still looking for something to replace cream in my coffee.
ReplyDelete[…] Acne Blend Calendula Salve […]
ReplyDelete[…] I use our Calendula Healing Salve all over my face, neck and chest, and sometimes I use the Calendula Acne Blend. (The plain Calendula salve works wonderfully for an all over facial […]
ReplyDeleteill have to try this because i have bad acne and store brand cleansers are way too harsh
ReplyDeleteI love using this blend! <3 I hope it helps you too. <3
ReplyDelete[…] – also amazing for treating different rashes, cuts, scrapes, eczema, hives etc & a Calendula Salve – Acne Blend. I use calendula in my Herbal Baby Bath Blend, as well as an adult version that I will add soon. We […]
ReplyDelete[…] Acne Healer. (I like to mix some with a few drops of lavender & tea tree essential oils) […]
ReplyDelete