What You'll Need:
- Rosewater
- Peppermint leaves or Peppermint Oil (Or both)
- Distilled Water
- Aloe Vera (optional)
- A pot on the stove
- A spray Bottle
- Strainer or Cheesecloth
- Funnel
To Make Your Own Rosewater
(I infused both peppermint and roses into one pot)
- Distilled water just over the amount of the container you will be using (fill up your spray bottle 1-1/2 times and pour it into the pot)

- Rose Petals
- Peppermint Leaves
Since I was making a small bottle (60ml) I only added about a dozen rose petals and only 5 peppermint leaves but if you are making a bigger batch you will need more of each.
- You can toss the leaves and petals in whole or you can crush them up. I was using dried rose petals and freshly picked peppermint leaves.
- On medium heat allow the mixture to boil, stirring occasionally.
- I let mine steep for about 15 minutes. It will reduce a bit, this is why adding a little more water than your container needs is important.
- I removed from heat and placed in the fridge *On A Hot Pad* to not damage the glass shelving in the fridge.
- Once cooled, strain the mixture reserving the infused water. (I actually put a small mesh strainer over a funnel and poured directly into my spray bottle) If you're adding in peppermint oil, now is the time to do it. As well as Aloe if you're using some - Stir in a tsp of Aloe Vera and stir well until dissolved. (because I used some straight from a plant, I had a few chunkies that I had to re-strain out)
Alternatively:
(if you don't want to infuse your own water)
- Mix Organic Rosewater 1:2 parts distilled water
- add 5-10 drops (depending on container size) of Peppermint Oil into your spray bottle and shake vigorously.
- Optionally add 1tsp of Aloe
Store Your Mixture In The Fridge to Keep Fresh & For Extra Soothing Benefits!
Spray yourself whenever you need some relief from the heat. <3
I recommend Mountain Rose Herbs for all of your herbal healing needs!
Images Edited using PicMonkey. Some of the links here are affiliate sites. & Please also see my disclaimer. Thanks Friends.
Sounds interesting. Love the DIY idea :)
ReplyDelete_________________________________________________
Check out my blog if you want unsmileys.wordpress.com
Thank you. Happy blogging
Mmmmmmm, sounds SO refreshing!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! I enjoy this thoroughly! <3
ReplyDeletevery cool. im trying this :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! <3
ReplyDeleteHello there! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.
ReplyDeleteIs it tough to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty
fast. I'm thinking about creating my own but I'm not sure
where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions?
Thank you